“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”
― Ronald E. Osborn
Learning is a lifelong process, no matter what the subject is. When it comes to learning a skill, time is of the essence — consistent practice, guided actions, and most importantly, patience drives you to success. And then what? Once you get good at what you do, you find a way to get better — and thus, the learning process continues.
Hairdressing skills are no exception. Sure, a strong foundation can take you a long way in finding your place in this dynamic industry. But to keep that place, it’s best to move with the times. Expert educator and hair maestro Vipul Chudasama recommends regular training – at least once a year – to keep you abreast with the changes in the beauty industry as well as to smoothen out any wrinkles in your existing skills.
Here is why attending a training session or masterclass every 6 months is vital to the stability of your hairdressing career:
- Hairdressing is a skill with infinite possibilities. The trends, tricks, and techniques are constantly evolving in this fast-paced industry. No matter at what stage of the career you are — beginner or pro — there’s always something new to learn.
- Being cautious about learning new techniques is natural. However, if you just keep doing what you (and everyone else) already knows, how would you keep up with the competition? Innovation is key to making your own identity in the beauty industry and a little bit of guidance can only help you get there quicker.
- Without stepping out of your comfort zone, there is no way of finding any scope for improvement. You might even be doing something wrong and not know about it or maybe, there is a better way to do it — the ideal course of action would be to signup for an advanced course or masterclass.
- For all the creativity that surrounds it, a hairdressing job can sometimes get monotonous — especially, in the early stages of the career. Upgrading your skills not only offer a variety of tasks but also helps you refresh your techniques alongside like-minded professionals.
- Better skills, better opportunities. A passionate hairdresser is always looking to go beyond the limits and earn a name for themselves. Taking advanced courses and attending masterclasses can no only push your abilities but also your career graph by giving you an edge with up-to-date hairdressing knowledge.
Continued education is an absolute necessity for hairdressers. And the next question would be, where to continue hair education? Taking part in trade shows, expert talks, workshops and masterclasses is the first step. The next is to invest in an advanced course of your choice, at a reputed institute such as the Vipul Chudasama Hair Academy. You would be introduced to a new perspective of the profession in well-equipped classrooms. Also, remember to schedule your future courses in the same academy to ensure consistency in your professional methodology and philosophy.